Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I totally blame my mother.  There's just no other excuse.  I was deprived as a child from eating nutella.  That's right, nutella - it's not just another cheapo peanut butter.  Growing up, my brother and I ate gallons of peanut butter and bananas  - mashed together.  We were in high school before our mother confessed she'd never tried it -she just fed it to us.

Where has this been my whole life?   I looked it up - it was created in the 1940's.  And no, I wasn't even born then, thank you very much.  I had a crepe with  nutella and bananas on the cruise. (Ok, I still eat peanut butter and mashed bananas!)  That's when I realized I'd had a deprived childhood.  It's like heaven in a jar - chocolate and hazelnuts?
OK, it's more like candy in a jar. The first ingredient on the back of the jar is sugar - and it's totally worth it.  I've become a closet nutella eater.  I walk past the jar and grab a spoon out of the drawer and take a scoop.  You know, when Mike's not looking.  :)

As a matter of fact, if you've eaten Godiva chocolates, it taste like the same thing.  And just to prove it, take a look:
Well, OK, you can't read it from the small picture.  Just take my word for it.  They have 9 (NINE) products containing hazelnuts and I'm sure they're all wonderful.

I think to make this a totally scientific experiment, I should buy all nine and do a taste test.
Mike!  Go get your keys - we're going to the mall!

1 comment:

  1. Dennis can go thru a jar a day if I don't watch him. Do you think it was around when we were kids?. Probably glad it wasn't

    ReplyDelete