Monday, October 22, 2012

I have an addiction - I admit it.  I looked up the definition of that word....addiction.  The dictionary says:  Addiction is a persistent, compulsive dependence on a behavior or substance. The term has been partially replaced by the word dependence for substance abuse. Addiction has been extended, however, to include mood-altering behaviors or activities..

My addiction is to lip gloss.  That's right, lip gloss.  I can't go anywhere without it - I am truly dependent, just like the dictionary says.  I carry at least 4 in my purse at all times:


I know I should color code my lip stick with what I'm wearing, (that's what my mother does - and Betty looks like a magazine cover all the time), but I don't.  I use the first thing I grab out of my purse.  When I go to Walmart, there's so many choices!  I love them all!  I've told my girls that at Christmas, all I want is lip gloss, but I haven't gotten any yet...I guess they think I'm just kidding about that.  HA!  My son did give me some Burt's Bees lip gloss a couple of years ago and I still have some in my makeup drawer.  Amy and Elizabeth:  Chris is my favorite right this minute!!

Anyway, here's what I keep in my makeup drawer:


When I don't carry my purse somewhere, I panic if I don't have a pocket for a stick of lip gloss. I think that qualifies for mood altering.  I keep some in my overalls at the farm.  I might be hot and sweaty and stinky, but I've got nice lip gloss going on!

Well, if you're reading this and you truly have an addiction to alcohol or drugs, I pray you're delivered from your addiction.  I don't intend for this to minimize anyone's problems.

I gotta run now, my lip gloss has worn off and I need to re-apply.


No comments:

Post a Comment