This was Ryllee's weekend at the farm with Nana and Pappy. She'll be five next weekend and we had such a good time. Well, my blog site has gone to heck in a handbasket. None of my pictures are posting in the right place - and after 4 tries, I really don't care anymore. So there. Nothing's going to be in order - or in the right place. This will be like putting a puzzle together. I hope you enjoy a challenge!

We started the weekend with a cool mani-pedi then jumped in the truck for the trip. God bless Apple and Ipad's. It totally makes the trip bearable. Even Frankie was chillin'.

We picked dewberries out in the field. You know, blackberries are big, dewberries are small. You have to really work hard to pick enough to make jelly. It only took Ryllee about 3 minutes to figure out the thorns were a bad idea. So, the rest of the afternoon, she would find some and point and I stuck my hands down in the thorns to pick them. One of us is really smart!

Everybody works at the farm. Water those plants! Get to work!

Fine. Go ahead and take a break. Have a good time with Pappy - I'll just stand over here and work. Well, maybe I'll just take more pictures.

Saturday morning we got up and tried to find the birds in the trees that were making all that racket.

Cousin It and her side kick Little It. Ryllee's growing her hair to be as long as Nana's.

We found a baby cricket!! How exciting is that?? So we captured him and put him in the bucket with grass. Yeah, that makes captivity all better. But we picked a flower to brighten his cell before he was released into the wild.

This tiny skinny child is an eating machine. She looks like she doesn't ever eat - but all weekend: Nana, I need a snack, I need an apple, I need a fruit snack, a juice, milk, crackers, the kitchen sink, the couch...oh wait, maybe I got carried away. The child eats every hour on the hour. She ought to be as wide as she is tall.

Pappy spent all day mowing the back pasture and took Ryllee for a spin.

I can't believe I'm even putting this picture in - I don't even go to the grocery store without makeup. But we were so tired, we took a 2 hour nap.

We took a quick trip Sunday morning into Lufkin for supplies from Lowes. Check out those muscles. Yes, farm life is hard work!

Then we came back and got dressed for church. Isn't she adorable?

Saturday morning, she said she wanted a pair of shiny black shoes. I said, "this is Corrigan and there's only a Dollar Store here! Where am I going to find shoes?" So we went to the Dollar Store and I thought I could distract her with a toy. There was one pair of shiny black shoes in her size sitting there. That was $7 well spent!

After church, we had more yard work.

Then the drive home. More Ipad and more Frankie chillin'.

She found out that Mom and Dad bought a new pool for the back yard and couldn't wait to get home. We instantly became second place to that! Dad came to pick her up when we got home and she practically jumped head first into the back seat. Oh well, that's life. We had a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment