Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Nana and Pappy took Finley to the farm by herself for the first time.  She tried on Pappy's hat to make sure she looked good in a straw hat.


We were on the road when I realized we had not brought along her blanket.  THE BLANKET.  The blanket that she drags around the house morning, noon and night.  The blanket she's never slept without. OMG!  I somehow forgot the blanket!  I tried adult reasoning and explained that we were going to have to buy a new blanket at the next Walmart we found.  I took her in to the baby section and we looked at all the blankets and she calmly chose a Dora fleece blanket.  Then I distracted her from concentrating on the new blanket, by getting 3 new outfits and a new pair of shoes.  A girl can't resist shopping!

 

It worked! She sat in the backseat with a box of honey bees buzzing on the floor and didn't fuss about it.  We had been in the truck for 3 hours and she hadn't stopped talking, singing, crying, laughing, talking some more and 30 minutes outside of Corrigan, she fell asleep - with her new blankie!    There is nothing to compare to the power of a Nana.


Here's one of her dresses.  Doesn't she look cute- but I think she knows it.


 Saturday night we all had spaghetti at Stella and Ben's house next door.  Here Finley's eating dinner with Grandmother.


Here she is eating with PaPa.



She thought the chocolate cake was the best and wanted a second piece.  However, I, being the possessor of Nana power, knew that a second helping of sugar meant I wasn't going to bed early. Oh come on- she only cried for a few minutes....


See, I knew what I was talking about.  Sleeping like an Angel.


Mike and I snuck outside early Sunday morning to enjoy a cup of hot tea and listen to the birds while Finley slept in.  We must have been too loud because she didn't sleep long.  But she was willing to sit in my lap for a while.


Pappy made us breakfast which was a big hit.  She insists on wearing a bandana on her head as soon as I put one on.  Look at that face!!

 

I brought along a plastic fish watering can for her to help water the plants.  She put on her rubber boots, her hat, sunscreen and we watered the muscadines, the sunflowers, the pecan trees and the grape vines. She got a little tired and had to sit a while.


Very independent.  She didn't want me to help at all.  She wanted to hold the water hose all by herself.


After she soaked herself with the water hose, we changed into another pair of pajamas!  Then we walked next door to see cousin Stella.


 Finley is such a good worker!  She walked and watered and walked and watered.  I gave her the Ipad to look at on the way home and she was asleep within 5 minutes and slept almost the whole trip.  YESSSS!



Finley's trip to the farm is over - we had such a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment