Thursday, April 11, 2013


You know what?  I’ve been holding back showing family pictures and outings because of Facebook.  I’m not sure I want everyone knowing my business.  So from now on – you two people who actually read my blog will have to go find it on the blogsite.

So….strawberries are in season!!  Mike and I took all four grandchildren to the strawberry farm in Magnolia to pick strawberries.  Ok, we let Amy and Kyle go with us.  J We got there about 10:00 in the morning.  We heard they were short on containers, so we took our pink Easter buckets.  Not only did the girls look so cute carrying them, but Mike looked awesome!

Amy and I took turns carrying Levi around – that boy is getting heavy.
 

We also took both of the red wagons – what a life saver – those girls are getting heavy too!


There were strawberries everywhere – and so sweet.  I’ve only had strawberries from the store.  Absolutely no comparison.  I knew right away I had to add a section to my garden for strawberries.
The girls got the hang of it – OK – not really.  Sophia wanted to ride in the wagon and eat strawberries.  Ryllee wanted someone to pick strawberries and put them in her bucket while she stood there.  And Finley wanted to run back and forth over the rows stomping on strawberries.  Wow, did we have a good time!

We took drinks and sandwiches in a cooler and ate lunch in the back of the truck afterwards.

Mike and I actually got a picture of us with all the kids.


I brought home a bucket and intended to making strawberry jam.  But you know what?  I actually had to work this week and didn’t have time.  

So, I reverted to the old standby – the dehydrator.  I sliced the strawberries and added lemon juice and Splenda.  Then put them on the dehydrator trays for 24 hours.

Five trays of strawberries filled two thirds of a quart jar.  

Can you say FLAT berries?  Well, maybe Mike and I ate a few.

Mike!  Can you build me a strawberry garden? Right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment