Sunday, May 20, 2012

Do you remember my pig pen?   This is a before picture - one of the ones I posted a couple of weeks ago.  You couldn't even walk through it.
Well, Mike and I spent an afternoon cleaning house.  Take a look at it now.  Yes, I know, that looks like it's about to fall apart.  It is.  We plan on reinforcing the walls and keeping what will keep standing.  It's pretty sad when you pull on a vine and it breaks a board in half........
Here's Mike almost at the end of the cleaning spree.  There's another pen on the other side of the fence in front of him.  That will be the next project!
We found a critter hole about 10 inches across and it went down into the ground.  I want my gun on me when that thing comes out of the ground.  

And take a look at this spider.  This web made a funnel and went straight down into an 8x8 pole.  The spider was sitting right at the entrance watching us - he had to be about 2 inches across.  He was probably catching small birds in that web.  I am so glad he didn't jump out or anything, I would have had a heart attack right there.  I hate bugs - not much of a country girl, huh?
On the next trip, we'll have a great bonfire with all of the brush and trees we pulled out of the pen.  Maybe I'll burn that spider - don't send me any nasty notes about killing spiders - I know some of them are good for the environment.  I'll find an app for my phone that can identify spiders and IF ITS A BAD ONE - he's mine.  Spider-snap?  I'm going to have to research which little pigs are going to live in my awesome pig pen!

No comments:

Post a Comment