Thursday, November 15, 2012

I told you last week that I would actually cook something with the dehydrated veggies I've been making. So, I made a chicken pot pie, just for you (and Mike and me).  First I boiled the dehydrated veggies in chicken broth for 30 minutes, then added a little flour to thicken and chopped chicken.  
 While that was cooling off, Mike came by and added salt, pepper and garlic and I made the pie crust.
 I put the filling in the bottom crust and covered with a top crust.  Several slits were added to vent the steam.
 The pie was cooked for 40 minutes at 400 degrees.  Isn't it pretty?
 I know, that's all well and good, but what does it taste like?  To be honest, it was not a Swanson or Marie Calendar.  But it was not bad - could have used more spices, though.  Next time, we'll kick it up a notch - the crust was the best part.
However......you can buy frozen pot pies any day of the week at a grocery store.  But what if the grocery store is closed due to a hurricane or other emergency?  Yep, you'll be standing in the food hand out line and I'll be at home cooking hot chicken pot pie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment