Sunday, June 17, 2012

Mother Nature - right in my front yard.  We drove in from work last week and there they were - Mom and Baby standing by my garden.  The baby had to be just a few hours old as it was nursing from the mother.  And the mom would lean over and lick the baby.  We've seen lots and lots of babies over the years coming through our yard, but this was the first time I've ever seen one nursing.

They both just stood there about 3 minutes while I leaned out the car window and took pictures with my phone.   I had to put that fence around my garden to keep the deer out -  they would eat EVERYTHING down to the dirt. So, of course that's where they like to hang out!  I know they just watch me from the woods and wait to see if I forget to shut the gate so they can sneak in to the garden.
You can see the baby just standing between the mom's legs (it's facing backwards).  I love summer when all the babies come out to play.  I hope they all learn to run fast - hunting season will be here before you know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment