We have a new grandson! William Levi Wilson aka "Levi". He was supposed to get here around August 31, but just couldn't wait! He was born Sunday, Aug 5th and weighed in at 5 pounds, 7 ounces. He is just so tiny and cute, cute, cute! Here he is this afternoon at Ryllee's gymnastics lessons - 4 days old.
Now, lets talk trash. Not the kind you hear on the basketball court - I'm talking about real trash. Old trash. The kind you have to dig up in the woods. Back in the day, there wasn't trash pickup, so they burned what they could and buried the rest. Mike and I found one treasure trove out in the woods and my cousin Stella and I found another. You have to sorta know where they used to dump trash and then pull out the shovel and start digging. I don't have pictures of all the jars piled up at the farm - but this gives you an idea.
It's easy to forget that everything used to come in glass jars - not plastic. There's a Welch's grape juice jar with the grapes on the side. The blue jars would be Pepto Bismol. There are jars of stuff that I don't have a clue what it is. I have a Wesson oil jar that still had oil in it. (it really looks nasty, too. I guess 40 years is too long to store oil)
This is one of my favorites. Clorox in a jar.We found this one buried up near the front fence line.
Well, my laptop died a couple of months ago and I've been using Mike's, which is on it's last leg. So, Sunday, we bought a new laptop - but all my pictures are stored on this old one. Hopefully, this will be the last blog from the dinosaur. (That's if I can ever get the new laptop away from Mike!)
I cannot wait to see him! He's so tiny!! Call American Pickers, they pay a lot of money for old bottles. You might find a dinosaur buried back there, too. I'll come help!
ReplyDeleteDon't be in a hurry to share "OUR" digging spot! Remember who showed it to you in the first place . . . and if you find a baby bottle down there, it's probably MINE! :)
ReplyDeleteI'll be down Friday. See you then. Love, Me